Dont Turn your Back on your Back!!!
There is one place we ignore almost without fail. It’s easy to see our legs, arms, butt and belly; but not our backs. It’s easily neglected. It is not until it comes time to wear a low back or backless dress that we give a care and then we want to kick ourselves.
Not only will working on this specific area help you look stunning in your wedding dress, it will guard you from injury and improve your posture. Below are my favorite back exercises that will ABSOLUTELY give you that strong, toned beautiful back.
* Step up and grasp bar with underhand shoulder width grip.
* Pull body up until elbows are to sides. Lower body until arms and shoulders are fully extended. Repeat.
NOTE: Cannot do pull-ups, no worries as there is always a modified way!
Inverted Body Weight Pull-Ups on a Bar
* Lie underneath the bar (this needs to be set where you can reach)
* Place your hands, palms facing out, in either a pronated or supinated grip
* Contract your abdominals, keeping your body in a straight line; pull yourself up until your chest hits the bar
* Lower your body down and repeat
Dumbbells Bent Over Row Reverse Grip
* Starting position, dumbbell in each hand, palms facing out, bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward by bending at the waist while keeping the back straight until it is almost parallel to the floor (make sure that you keep the head up.) The weights should hang directly in front of you as your arms hang perpendicular to the floor and your torso.
* While keeping the torso stationary, pull your elbows back, squeezing your shoulder blades together. On the top contracted position, squeeze the back muscles and hold for a second. And repeat.
* This row must be done with proper form and must make sure Core is strong enough to handle this position.
Seated Cable Rows
* For this exercise, you will need access to a low pulley row machine with a V-bar. The V-bar will enable you to have a neutral grip where the palms of your hands face each other.
* To get into the starting position, first sit down on the machine and place your feet on the front platform or crossbar provided, making sure that your knees are slightly bent and not locked. Lean over as you keep the natural alignment of your back and grab the V-bar handles. With your arms extended, pull back until your torso is at a 90-degree angle from your legs. Your back should be slightly arched and your chest should be sticking out.
* Keeping the torso stationary, pull the handles back towards your torso while keeping the arms close to it until you touch the abdominals. At that point, you should be squeezing your back muscles hard. Hold that contraction for a second and slowly go back to the original position and repeat.
You need full body strength training to get your best results. Along with a healthy eating lifestyle, getting into great shape will be much simpler than you imagined. Try your hardest to never ignore a specific region or muscle group. If the exercises seem too difficult, they might be. Decrease your weight or the reps, but always stay positive. Working hard on every move to improve every muscle will benefit your health and your body.
“Don’t be discouraged by how far you have to go. Be excited by how far you have come!”
Make the commitment!!
Tags: back exercises, exercise, fitness, wedding day