Helpful Tips to get you Back on Track!!!!!!!
It’s official! SUMMER IS OVER. Time to put the white slacks you worked so hard to get into away and pull out the slipper socks to prepare for the chilly Fall evenings. And, don’t forget, it is time to get back on track and into the healthy routine again. There are a handful of helpful tips I would like to share with you to make this process a little bit easier.
- Plan your meals and food shopping weekly. Having everything from breakfast to snacks planned and prepared will ensure “no cheat” days. When your healthy food is at hand and easily accessible, you will not have to worry when hunger strikes. Make sure there are lots of fruits and veggies on your list and in your diet. Try new recipes, adding things which are high in fiber and protein.
- Schedule your workouts. Start simple. Mix it up a little as well. Your workout could be a one mile walk/run or a 30 minute weight class. Try going on a bike ride or even play outside with the kids. Doing some sort of physical activity will excite your mind and body, your heart and muscles and push you right back into your previous regimen!
- Start each day with a healthy breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast sets your day up for success. Remember to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Eating right at the start of your day and drinking plenty of water will decrease illness and keep you full of energy.
- List your goals and keep the list in view. Make sure your goals are within reach and not too far away – plan in 1-2 month increments. Don’t only focus on weight. Personal goals, such as organizing your days, are just as important as physical goals.
- Find a buddy who is aiming for similar goals. Having a friend to support you and sharing good advice in return will keep you highly motivated and fresh with ideas. It is always nice to have someone to positively push you. When you can return the favor, it makes you feel better about yourself and your decisions. Track both of your ups and downs and make sure neither one of you repeats the same mistake more than twice.
Getting back into the game may not be easy but always remember the gratifying effect it has. If you play hard, you must work hard. And if you work hard, you will see plenty of positive results! You will feel good and look good. You will be healthy. You will be fit. You will succeed. Doing these few things and getting back on track will prove your determination and how badly you really want it. Put in the effort and reap the benefits. Don’t postpone or hesitate to begin. The longer you wait the farther behind you will become. Don’t be discouraged. You have overcome other obstacles in life, why not master this one!
“You have 3 choices in life… Give up, Give in, or Give it all you’ve got!”
Make the Commitment!!
Tags: buff, Buff Brides, exercise, hard work, health, motivation, wedding day